The Challenger ethos and commitment is to aim to deliver the best possible service and ensure we comply with all Health and Safety regulations. We are proud members of Portable Sanitation Europe (PSE) The Professional body and only UK based trade association dedicated to improving standards within the sanitation industry.
Challenger Partner Robert Allen holds a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety and we continue to retain the services of HR & Business Solutions Ltd to aid and ensure correct compliance with the Health & Safety regulations.
We are also CHAS accredited members and have again successfully renewed our annual certification for another 12 months. Using the E-Forms system made the whole process easier to complete and once again our accreditation confirms our high Health and Safety standards are paramount to our business. Not only is there a legal obligation but also a moral one too. Whilst our policies and procedures rarely change it’s important to review our H&S responsibilities at regular intervals, or whenever a significant change is made within the business.
Our annual H&S review includes:
- Risk Assessments – our risk assessments identify any potential hazards, who might be effected and how. We then ensure suitable and sufficient control measures are in place to eliminate or significantly reduce the risk of the hazard.
- Method Statements - our method statements work in relation to the risk assessments and provide our staff with the correct and safe method to perform tasks during their daily duties
- COSHH Assessments - from the chemicals in our portable toilets to the soap he use to clean our vehicles. All chemicals have been assessed using the Manufactures safety data sheets; the assessments include first aid instructions, safe handling instructions, safe use instructions and spillage procedures.
- First Aid - All first aiders are trained and all staff are aware of the first aid procedures. All first aid kits are checked for their contents and any expired products are replaced.
- Display Screen Equipment Assessments - all users of DSE complete self-assessments to ensure they are comfortable, safe and not straining themselves through prolonged use or awkward seating positions.
- Other areas that our annual review also covers include; H&S policy, Environmental Policy, Fire Risk Assessment &Equipment, PAT testing, Manual Handling and Water Quality